Boiler pressure: 200 psi.
Cylinders: (O) 16½" x 24".
Driving wheel diameter: 5' 0".
Tractive effort: 18,515 lbs.
Weight: 49 tons 5 cwt.
Built: BR Darlington Works.
To traffic, allocated to Hawick (64G): 25th October, 1955.
Reallocated to St Margarets (64A): 30th October, 1965.
Reallocated to Bathgate (64F): 29th January, 1966.
Reallocated to St Margarets (64A): 24th September, 1966.
Withdrawn: 30th September, 1966.
Scrapped by Shipbreaking Industries, Faslane: January, 1967.
BR Standard Class 2 2-6-0 No. 78047 stands outside its home shed of Hawick on 9th July, 1961. No. 78047 was built in October 1955 and was allocated from new to Hawick Shed, where it remained until transferred to St. Margaret's Shed in October 1965. [N.W. Skinner/ARPT]
On 19th April, 1965, BR Standard Class 2 2-6-0 No. 78054 stands at St. Leonards Coal Depot with the SLS/BLS Scottish Rambler No. 4 railtour. The Edinburgh terminus of the Edinburgh & Dalkeith Railway was in the city's South Side, a stone's-throw from Holyrood Park and Salisbury Crags, being opened in 1831 and initially worked by horse traction. Full details of the railtour can be found here. [David Idle]