Michael Laing (rock_dinosaur) wrote in brsteam,
Michael Laing
rock_dinosaur
brsteam

War Department Class 8F 2-8-0

77206


War Department 2-8-0 No. 77206 heads a northbound class D goods train near Glen Douglas during 1944. [C. Lawson Kerr]



90019


Ex-War Department Class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90019 approaches Thornton West S.B. on the Down Goods line with a short eastbound goods train during November 1962. No. 90019 was acquired by the LNER as WD No. 77367 on 21st December, 1945 and was allocated to St. Margarets Shed until it was transferred to Thornton Shed on 20th November, 1946, where it remained until it was withdrawn from service on 17th December, 1963. [W.J.V. Anderson]


Ex-War Department (BR Class 8F) 2-8-0 No. 90019 rolls downhill past Cardenden Station with a long train of 16-ton mineral wagons on 19th August, 1964. Note the attractive display of red roses by the station building. [Phil Waterfield]



90071


Ex-War Department Class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90071 heads eastwards past Cluny Siding on 6th September, 1966. [David Christie]



90386


Ex-War Department 'Austerity' 2-8-0 No. 90386 draws a long train of empty 16-ton mineral wagons out of Townhill Yard onto the line to Dunfermline Upper at Townhill Junction, 25th May, 1964. [W.A.C. Smith]


Ex-War Department Class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90386 waits to depart from Glasgow Queen Street on 11th April, 1966, with the Glasgow to Stirling leg of the BLS/SLS/SLPF Scottish Rambler No. 5 railtour. Full details of the railtour can be found here. [George Woods]


Ex-War Department Class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90386 waits to depart from Glasgow Queen Street on 11th April, 1966, with the Glasgow to Stirling leg of the BLS/SLS/SLPF Scottish Rambler No. 5 railtour. Full details of the railtour can be found here. [George Woods]


Ex-War Department Class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90386 waits to depart from Glasgow Queen Street on 11th April, 1966, with the Glasgow to Stirling leg of the BLS/SLS/SLPF Scottish Rambler No. 5 railtour. Full details of the railtour can be found here. [George Woods]



90444


Ex-WD Class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90444 takes a train of loaded 16-ton mineral wagons past the north end of Thornton Junction Station towards Thornton West Junction, 26th August, 1965. [David Christie]



90534


Having reversed out of Sandiland Sidings, ex-War Department 'Austerity' 2-8-0 No. 90534 slips violently, blasting smoke and steam high into the air and no doubt producing a sound like 'an earthquake in a scrapyard' whilst crossing from the 'Up' to the 'Down' line at Dysart with a northbound train of loaded 16-ton mineral wagons, circa mid-1960s. [Pete Westwater]



90596


Ex-War Department Class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90596 passes the remains of Crossgates Station with a westbound train of On 29 August 1964, 8F 2-8-0 90596 passes the remains of the former Crossgates Station with a long train of empty 24½-ton mineral hoppers on 16th August, 1963. No. 60596 was allocated to Mexborough Shed then Frodingham Shed, but was transferred to Polmadie Shed in April 1958. It remained there until August 1963, when it was transferred to Ferryhill Shed. It was then transferred to Thornton Shed in April 1966, and was withdrawn from service when that shed closed to steam traction in April 1967. [Brian Flannigan]



90600


On 12th March, 1966, ex-LNER Class B1 4-6-0 No. 61101 and ex-War Department Class 8F 2-8-0 No. 90600 approach Dunfermline Upper Station with a westbound train of ballast hoppers. [Stephen Hall]
Tags: 2-8-0, class 8f, war department, wd
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic
  • 0 comments