May 14th, 2017

BR Standard Class 3 2-6-0

77005
Built: BR Swindon Works.
To traffic, allocated to Dawsholm (65D): 17th March, 1954.
Reallocated to Hamilton (West) (66C): 17th April, 1954.
Reallocated to Polmadie (66A): 26th September, 1959.
Reallocated to Carstairs (66E): 7th May, 1960.
Reallocated to Motherwell (66B): 6th July, 1963.
Withdrawn: 29th November, 1966.
Scrapped by Motherwell Machinery and Scrap, Wishaw: April 1967.


BR Standard Class 3 2-6-0 No. 77005 prepares to depart from the through platforms at Springburn Station on 8th April, 1966, with the BLS/SLS/SLPF Scottish Rambler No. 5 railtour, which visited a number of industrial branches and locations in Lanarkshire. This is a north-westward view towards Cowlairs. Full details of the railtour can be found here. [George Woods]

Collapse )